Friday, January 6, 2012

Oilers lose Thursday Nighter in St. Louis


It's becoming a common occurrence. Another night, another Taylor Hall goal, another 4-3 loss. The season is slipping away from the Oil. The Oilers also got the news that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will be out 3 to 4 weeks with a separated shoulder.

We're just to that lull part of the year. I'll have the game on Saturday afternoon, but I like the Oilers players seem to know it's an exercise in futility. They'll go out, they'll lose, but they'll find a way to fall just short; and rinse wash repeat.

Right now I'm trying to just enjoy the development of Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle (Eberle added another goal last night too). That's what it's all about. Also I'm trying not to screw things up too badly on my hockey pool, but my fantasy lineup has been missing Scottie Hartnell now for two games this week (my own fault, I didn't update my lineup) of which he's scored a goal and he had 18 hits or something nuts in the Winter Classic.

Video of Taylor Hall's 13th Goal of the Year:


How about the fricking game the Bruins had last night against the Calgary Flames? A 9-0 win, Tyler Seguin nets his 16th goal of the season on a tip in, while adding two more assists.

No comments:

Scores