Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bad Luck on the Glass


Tonight I got to sit behind the goal on the glass. I came to see Taylor Hall, I waited all year for this. And here's what happened, in the corner I was sitting in moments before I got to my seat.



I found out from a guy who was watching warm-ups after not seeing Hallsy out there. The whole game went by and I didn't get to see him play. I have such rotten luck.

That said I did my absolute best to take in the atmosphere and enjoy the game. The Oilers did not hold it down for me. Better luck come March. Literally. 

Here's Ladislav Smid. He took a huge shot into the boards late in the game. Win or lose, he seems to play hard.

Here's the Bulin Wall. He makes up one half of my fantasy goalie roster. The other half was in net and had a rough night for the Oil.

Just another face off right in front of us.

One of the assistant captains Ryan Smyth. He looks like a hockey player.

This shot was captured by accident, but ended up being a pretty good close up of Ales Hemsky.

Stinger, the Blue Jackets mascot rallying the troops.

Smid, Smyth, Paajarvi goofing around before game time.

Theo Peckham almost mixed it up with Rick Nash a few times. My buddy called him "Peckman" just like Don Cherry.


Ryan Jones, the best hair in hockey.


I can be seen at the tail end of this goal that made it 3-2 Jackets:


You can see me on Dorsett's empty netter, for a split second:


Here's my buddy in a couple of shots behind the net (lower right hand corner in the black. I'm just out of the shot in the red):

And again:

No comments:

Scores