Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pens back in action tomorrow night

I did something very, very shitty today. It ruined my day. I was playing NHL 2008 on my Xbox 360 with my friend Tyler. I saved our stupid ass shitty franchise over my prized Penguins franchise. I was in the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Boston Bruins, up 3 games to 0, at home; and ready to move on to the conference finals as the #6 seed. Sid the Kid was on a roll. 53 goals in the season of which I played 95% of the games, no simulation. I am a loser. Not because I really took the time out of my life to play these games; but because I erased my season and with it goes my manhood, my will to live.

So tomorrow night; we start over.

The Penguins play host to the Dallas Stars. They'll try for their 3rd straight win. This coming after a full week off. I have to say, this is what I'm NOT a big fan of if anything in NHL hockey. Too much time off between games. Pens were on a roll. In my mind, don't they wanna get out there and just keep playing as much as possible? How could any team get in a rhythm with this kind of gappage between contests? I am falling in love with the NHL and Hockey in general, but I wish there were less days off. I've waited all week to listen to the Pens on the radio tomorrow night.

I'll also start over, a new franchise on NHL 2008. I'll pack a lip of Skoal while doing so, and I'll climb that mountain back towards the Stanley Cup (and losing another few weeks of my life).

**********

The NHL did get something right today in the model of Major League Baseball, College Football/Basketball, and the NFL. The NHL decided to make a change for 2008 scheduling, so that every team will get to see new opponents and foes.

I find this to be very good news, as I was extremely pissed that my Pens didn't come to Columbus this year, so I couldn't get a glimpse of Crosby, Malkin, Ga. Roberts, Laraque, Staal, etc. in person.

I'll be posting a lot this weekend. Don't you fuckin' move.

1 comment:

HockeyKnight said...

I like your edgy use of the F-word. On some people's blogs, it comes of as gratuitous, but here it actually folds in nicely with the tone of the blog post.

Go Pens!

Scores