Saturday, June 24, 2017

Jeff Brubaker, Toronto Draft Grade, and Donairs

My buddy played for former NHL Jeff Brubaker. I pulled this off his facebook account. I recently read a great interview with Brubaker off Slapshot Diaries. Here is his page on Hockey-Reference.com.


The Maple Leafs were given an A- over at The Score for their draft

In almost every single preseason mock draft, Liljegren was going first or second overall. He failed to progress in his second year, but that can be tough to do as a 17-year-old defenseman playing with men. He also battled injuries and an illness, resulting in a halt in his development. He is one of the smoothest skaters in the draft and has elite offensive upside.

The Leafs addressed a huge need after the first round, adding two towering defensemen. Rasanen stands at 6-foot-7, while Gordeev is 6-6.

The Buds also took a chance on a 6-foot-3 netminder, Scott, who may have fallen in the draft due to his results. He posted an ugly goals-against average and save percentage, but played for the worst team in the WHL.

Grade: A-
Finally, I had my first Donair experience at the local mall tonight. It was pretty cool - shaved meat. Beef, chicken, or lamb (I went chicken) with a variety of vegtables. Here are the best Toronto Donairs places. I'll have to stop by one of these when I go.


No comments:

Scores