Friday, June 26, 2015

Connor McDavid Selected #1 by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2015 NHL Draft


Connor McDavid was selected #1 overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2015 NHL Draft tonight. I have the draft coverage from NBC Sports on my television and I'm trying to take in as much of this draft as I can. 


It was a transformative moment for the franchise, easily the single-most important move the team has made in more than a decade. It trumps the acquisition of Chris Pronger, a move which brought the Oilers to the Stanley Cup Final in 2006. Likely it even trumps the flurry of exits by Pronger and others immediately following that playoff run, the associated moves which launched the current epoch of darkness in Edmonton.
Ah. I cannot wait to watch this kid start to pile up the stats.

No comments:

Scores