Thursday, February 17, 2011

Went to the Jackets/Kings game last night


I apologize for the seedy pics, they're from my iPhone. But a co-worker and I headed to Nationwide after work last night to see the Jackets lost 4-3 to the Los Angeles Kings. Drew Doughty had a big goal on a really nice shot from the blue line, as did Rick Nash.

I wasn't a fan of either team obviously, but I love just being at the arena and watching the game live. Puck Rakers has the full recap.

Would you believe that my co-worker was tired so I got up and left about a minute before Kris Russell tied the game. We heard the goal horn as we were walking out the entrance. So we actually missed overtime and what would have been my first NHL shootout that I've witnessed. I'm confident that I'll see more.







Last time I saw a Jackets loss live? Opening night, 2006-2007. Last night was my first look at Wayne Simmonds.





The Oil play the Canadiens tonight at Rexall. My favorite NHL blog Cult of Hockey has a recap the other night from when they beat the snot out of Dallas. Today's post has a nice view of a game scouting top-prospect Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Now you see why it's my favorite hockey blog.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Scores