Monday, January 10, 2011

Questions I have about Canada/NHL/Etc.

So this past Friday night after getting home from the rink I discovered the Oil Change series on the Edmonton Oilers official team website.

I guess a few primary questions:

1) Is Steve Tambellini in over his head as much as he appears to be at times?
2) The Oilers players appear to walk through a decorated hall before entering the rink at Rexall Place. What is this hall where they appear to walk past fans?
3) Why do the Oilers do so much rotating of goalies Devin Dubnyk and Nikolai Khabibulin?
4) Why do they spell it 'Centre' and 'Defence'?
5) It seems as if hockey is an intramural sport to Canadians. It's really cool. Instead of heading down to the gym to play a game of hoops, everyone is on a hockey team.
6) Is Jasper Avenue the happening spot in Edmonton? I hear a lot about it.
7) Tim Hortons is like the official coffee of Canada isn't it?

That's all I can remember for right now. I've been pretty enchanted with the series so far because it's helping me learn about the game of hockey and it's a little bit like Hard Knocks.

No comments:

Scores