Friday, January 28, 2011

Kicking off NHL All Star Weekend 2011

Great article on CBC about the youthful Oilers. It won't be long until this weekend will be dotted with Oilers up and down the All Star roster and they'll be celebrating a first half of first place hockey.

Taylor Hall ends up the only Edmonton Oilers representative even at the weekend. He's had a good first half, answering a lot of questions.

If you're looking to watch some of the festivities go here. I'll probably miss tonight because I have a date with my girl. But I'll be back to blog a bit probably.

Wish I was down in Raleigh so I could meet my boy Taylor Hall and get some cards signed.

I've watched more hockey in the first half of this season than in the other 27 years of my life combined. I love the sport and I'm becoming increasingly more addicted with everything I learn, read, discuss, and watch. I love the culture and love the tradition of the game.

So it's NHL All Star Weekend 2011. And I'll admit, I've fallen for this new sport and I'm enchanted.

As a growing fan of this sport and team, I find myself in a better mood on the day of games. Increasingly every single day we have a game later that night, I can't wait to fire up the ATDHE.net and find the game and just paying attention to the skill of the passing and the hitting and the body checks (although I'd like to see the Oilers do that more). I love learning the history of the sport, the franchise, and the countries that it's been founded on. Where Baseball and NFL are like second nature to me, finding out about this great game that I have only paid secondary attention to is like a whole new fascinating world to me.

I love the Oilers playing on Thursday nights, staying up late and listening to the post game show. Basically starting the weekend a night early. I think Hockey Night in Canada is like the coolest thing ever.

And the thing is, I love it all and it's not even a winning season. Things are only going to get better and more exciting. Love coming here and reading and learning and discussing with such nice and down to earth die-hard fans.

Went to a high school hockey game at the local rink the other night. Had a great time watching it. Can't wait to see the Oil play here locally the saturday before the Super Bowl for my first live Oilers game.

I love this sport. I love game day and wish it was every day.

No comments:

Scores