Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Alexis Lafreniere and The New York Rangers

 


I've always been a fan of the Canadian teams in hockey. However, I think moving forward my USA team is going to be the New York Rangers led by Alexis Lafreniere. 

The first overall pick in the 2020 draft has caught my attention, being dubbed as something in between Connor McDavid and Taylor Hall. I think I like that comp quite well. 

Although the Rangers aren't part of this playoff field, I think a year from right now they certainly will be. I got caught up on their history and until today I wasn't aware of the rebuild letter from 2018.

I think that the NHL is going to take center stage in USA once again, as ESPN and TNT paid a lot of money to get the rights to their coverages this upcoming fall


Obviously it was a huge break for the Rangers to win the lottery in 2020 with just a 12.5% chance. Now, pairing Lafreniere with Kappo Kakko should prove to be a championship line for years to come. 


There have been a lot of comps made to John LeClair, and some say that Lafreniere will end up being a version of Jamie Benn. Others have speculated that he's Sidney Crosby as a winger. 

Nonetheless, I finally have a USA team that I will have some rooting interest in, one with a rich history and tradition that plays at Madison Square Garden. 




No comments:

Scores