Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Pre-Christmas Hockey: Oilers 7, Blue Jackets 2


[Gamebook]
[Cult of Hockey] [Columbus Dispatch]


This was the guy I bought the ticket to see, as always. And on a cold and snowy Tuesday night down at Nationwide Arena, he did not disappoint. Connor McDavid netted three assists, and created utter chaos all over the ice netting four total points. Three beautiful assists and a goal later, the Oilers had won the game 7-2. 


Sergei Bobrovsky was in for a rough night on this evening. 


Bobrovsky is definitely the Columbus Blue Jackets' star player. However he allowed five goals before the second period was through and the Jackets trailed 5-0 at the second intermission. He was pulled from there. This was the worst performance I've seen a goalie have live. 


The best there ever was. No, but seriously; Wayne Gretzky was in the house my buddy told me who was watching the game on television. Why, I'm not sure. 


I always have loved Milan Lucic. He got a goal. 


Here's the Edmonton Oilers starting lineup on the ice for the Canadian national anthem. 


Here's the beloved Leo Welsh singing the Canadian National Anthem. 


The Columbus Blue Jackets starting lineup on the ice during the anthem. 


This is the first face off of the night during Connor McDavid's 18:24 of total ice time. 


I got to see Connor McDavid score the 58th goal of his career, and 12th of the season:


You may recall that I also saw him score the 13th goal of his career.


This was from a friend who was sitting behind the bench. This is Coach John Tortorella's hand and lap, and his lineup card. 

Overall, one of the most satisfying games I've seen live. Connor McDavid's dominance has never been more on display for me, and his speed live is something to marvel at. Especially with center ice seats. 

No comments:

Scores