Sunday, December 11, 2011

My First Bruins Game


It was cool getting to see the World Champions live and in the flesh here in Columbus. Some things I took from this one:

-Milan Lucic is a dirty little player.

-I got to see Tyler Seguin, and although he didn't register any scoring it was pretty cool to know I saw him play.

-The Blue Jackets crowd was into it, and there were Bruins fans everywhere. Where do they all come from? 

-Saturday Night is definitely Hockey Night.

Love then they play this song on Hockey Night:

Here's Tim Thomas, the Stanley Cup MVP from last year. The guy registered several saves where he stood on his head. It really did remind me of when I read the book 'The Game' by Ken Dryden. It was like he stood back there in goal not even knowing how or when the game would come to him. But when it did it was time to twist, contort, and be as agile as a leopard.



Above is a view from up in the bleeds at Nationwide Arena. When the Oil come to town I'll make sure I keep score and have better seats.

This is a picture of the World Champions bench.

Zdeno Chara. The baddest man in hockey. And I got to see him score a goal. ZING.


My wife really likes this shot. This is during the National Anthem.

And this is the Blue Jackets anthem guy, Gene. I know this because the crowd yelled it. Anthems are a big deal in hockey. I love it!

No comments:

Scores