Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hockey Season Traditions

For me, I like going to Tim Horton's before the Oilers games and then listening on the radio or watching on the net. It's a new tradition I started last year when I started following the Oilers. I used to like putting in a chew of dip tobacco right at the first face off but I know I need to quit and I am trying to.

I love the games around new years day (for the time off work and it's around the time of year that games are getting into full swing) and have watched the Winter Classic for the past several years just as hard as I watch college bowl games.

I also take my wife to watch some high school hockey at the local rink on a couple friday nights each winter after the first snow. It's fun to watch how hard these HS aged kids battle.

I love game day reading the fish wrap each morning in the Edmonton Journal to get me ready for that night's game.

I also like finding hockey books at Barnes & Noble bookstore and piling them 3 or 4 high and deciding on one to take home and enjoy each hockey season.

There's more I'll think of but I am excited for this time of year and for some of these favorite traditions of mine to make a return. It's almost here!

No comments:

Scores