Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hockey season is back!

Tonight the 2010 NHL season opens up with the Pittsburgh Penguins taking on the Philadelphia Flyers.

Predictions from Pro Hockey Talk & ESPN.

I've always loved the NHL season. I know more about the NFL and Major League Baseball, but ever since I was a kid I've had an outside curiosity and fascination with the frozen pond game.

I wish it had the popularity here in the States that it did in Canada. It's a neat sport, with a neat tradition. And I think Hockey players seem like some of the coolest dudes of all of the professional athlete spectrum. It's low-drama outside the rink. It's fun to watch. It's just a great fucking sport.

I'll be back to wrap up the action from the first night of the regular later tonight. I'll also be writing a lot on this blog during the season to keep me busy.

GO PENS.
Keep it locked on Empty Netters (Post Gazette's Pens Blog)

No comments:

Scores